NEW- Find a Mother-Friendly Provider Near You!
Childbirth, Choices, Natural Birth, Uncategorized
Announcing: The Guide to a Healthy Birth Online Provider Network
New at ChoicesinChildbirth.org
This week Choices in Childbirth, in partnership with several of our sister organizations, launched an online, national, fully searchable database of Mother-Friendly Providers. This online Provider Network will serve as a companion piece to the Guide to a Healthy Birth. New and expectant parents from around the country will be able to search by location and provider-type to find care providers to support them during their childbearing year.
Thank you to each of you for your continued support that has allowed us to expand and include this national network of providers. Special thanks also goes out to our sister organizations who have supported us in the launch of this network:
* Midwives Alliance of North America
* DONA International
* Lamaze International
* International Center for Traditional Childbearing
* Coalition for the Improving Maternity Services
* BirthNetwork National
* International Childbirth Education Association
We are excited to report a great turnout in our first days:
- Nearly 250 Mother Friendly Providers have profiles live on the website including providers from Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
- Over 1700 visits to the database (from people in 49 different states!)
Help us keep up this momentum!
Please help us to expand this rapidly growing network of providers:
2. Did you have a great doula, midwife, physician, lactation consultant, childbirth educator, etc? If you know a Mother-Friendly Provider, forward this email, or use this link to let them know about us.
3. Share this announcement with your local parenting groups and birth advocates and ask them to make referrals as well.