Launch of the NEW Guide to a Healthy Birth!!
We are incredibly grateful to every editor, writer, and contributor to the Guide. We could not have created it without such amazing skills, time, dedication, and collaboration from our volunteers! Many thanks to every one who helped create this educational tool! Our hope is that mothers and families will feel more empowered to make decisions about birthing options, support, and care after reading the guide.
- State c-section rates
- General resources (care providers, agencies & organizations offering services to birthing women)
- NYC Metro area hospital c-section rates
- Directory of local Mother-Friendly providers: from doulas to midwives to acupuncturists, Gynecological care, obstetric care, nutrition, fitness, prenatal/postpartum counseling, breastfeeding support, childbirth education classes, advocacy, lesbian and gay parenting support, and much more!
- Becoming a New Mother: A Doorway for Transformation – Sheryl Paul, MA
- Choices in Childbirth’s 5 Steps to a Healthy Birth
- Questions to Ask Your Care Provider
- Lessons Learned: A Tale of Four Births – Leta Hamilton
- Impact of Doulas
- What Is Shared Decision Making? – Amy Romano, CNM
- Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping
- Know Your Legal Rights
- Insurance Coverage for Midwifery Care
- US Cesarean Section Rates by State or at NYC Metro Hospitals
- Low-Cost Options for Care – Ekua Ansah-Samuels
- Protecting Your Pregnancy from Harmful Toxins
- Eating for Two – Rachelle LaCroix Malik, RD
- Is Home Birth for You?
- Unhurrying the Moment of Birth – Mary Esther Malloy, MA
- Supporting Initiation of Breastfeeding
- CIMS Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative
Ready for some more great news? Guides are FREE! Just pay shipping and handling. Check it out here.
*Those of you listed in our Provider Network or in the Guide will automatically be sent 12 Guides!*
Go to our website: www.choicesinchildbirth.org and click “Order Birth Guides” OR click on the direct link below: