Happy Holidays from Choices in Childbirth!
A WORD FROM OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
On behalf of all of us at Choices in Childbirth, I want to wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season!
2009 was a great year for Choices in Childbirth:
- We expanded our meetings series to now provide three free meetings per month for new and expectant parents. Through our meetings series, we have reached nearly 500 parents this year.
- For the 4th year in a row, we produced The Guide to a Healthy Birth. We have distributed over 19,000 copies of the 2009/10 edition of this free resource since it was printed in August!
- We made significant strides in improving maternity care through our advocacy work. We:
- Published cesarean section rates at local hospitals;
- Collected over 5,000 signatures in a petition to the Today Show to demand accurate reporting of birth options;
- Rallied for homebirth insurance coverage;
- Raised awareness of midwifery care through the Miles for Midwives celebration; and
- Secured the support of over 30 of our sister organizations as we work to restore the birth center option here in Manhattan after the closure of the Bellevue Birth Center.
As the organization continues to grow and we expand our reach helping women make informed maternity care decisions, we will rely on the support and generosity of individuals like you! We hope you will consider making a year-end donation to Choices in Childbirth
By giving today, you will help us continue the important work of improving maternity care in 2010. Click here to make your donation online. With your help, we hope to double the number of parents we reach and Guides we distribute by this time next year!
I am inspired by all that has been accomplished with your support and grateful for your dedication and interest in our work.
Wishing you and your family all the best,
UPCOMING PROJECTS in 2010
2010 promises to be a productive year. Below are some of the projects we have planned…
The re-launch of the CIC website: CIC is thrilled to announce the 2010 re-launch of its website! The new website will give us the opportunity to expand our Guide to a Healthy Birth. In addition to expanded resources and content, the website will include a searchable database feature—at the end of our expansion, mothers from all over will be able to search our website to find mother-friendly providers in their area. Stay tuned for the official launch date. In the meantime, get a sneak peak at our new look at our landing page, and visit our Blog to stay updated about current events.
Events for new and expectant parents: We will continue to bring the New York City community free informational meetings: Inspiring Birth Stories; Informational Meetings; and the Sexy Moms Series. Stay tuned for the 2010 calendar of this triple-series that will resume after the holidays.
Advocacy: As pressing issues in the field arise, we will continue to address the needs of our community. If you hear of any issues that affect our community, please let us know!
Register for one of our monthly meetings
Order Copies of the Guide to distribute at your office or in your community
Subscribe to updates from our Blog
Email Malorie to sign up for our Volunteer Digest
Donate Now! Help us keep the meetings and Guide free to the public.