Happy Birthday, CiC!
This Valentine’s Day marks Choices in Childbirth’s 6th Birthday!!!
These past six years have been so rich for us!
I look back with a heart full of gratitude for all of the amazing, dedicated, and passionate members of our community who have helped Choices in Childbirth grow and flourish! We would not be where we are today without each and every one of you! I really want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support.
As we celebrate the past, I also want to share with you some of our plans for the future. 2010 promises to be yet another exciting and fruitful year for CIC. Here are just a few of the projects on our plate:
- In 2010, 75,000 copies of our Guide to a Healthy Birth will be distributed in all 50 states! (20,000 NYC, 5,000 Philly, 50,000 National)
- This spring we are launching a new gorgeous website that will include a national, on-line database of Mother-Friendly providers!
- We continue to advocate for families in our community by responding to issues and situations that impact consumer access to quality maternity care. (Closure of the Bellevue Birth Center, potential closure of St Vincent’s Hospital, consumer access to hospital intervention rates, etc)
- Our outreach and educational programming has grown- we are now offering 3 monthly meetings free to the public!
- We are working with Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein to develop a 1/2 hour educational version of The Business of Being Born!
- We are actively working to build our infrastructure to meet the demand for our services by expanding our board and hiring amazing new staff members – including our new Executive Director, Lisa Malley, our Program Manager, Malorie Ferrick, Admin Assistant Kate Klein, and meeting coordinator, Ariele Le Grand
These are exciting times for all of us here at CIC and we feel so blessed to be sharing the ride with each of you!
All of us at Choices in Childbirth wish you love, abundance, and joy this Valentine’s Day!